In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.( John 1:1)
1. He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I will say of the LORD, «He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.»
3. Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence.
4. He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6. Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7. A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you.
8. Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked.
9. Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10. No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11. For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.
12. In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14. «Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.
16. With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.»
1. O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongs-- O God, to whom vengeance belongs, shine forth!
2. Rise up, O Judge of the earth; Render punishment to the proud.
3. LORD, how long will the wicked, How long will the wicked triumph?
4. They utter speech, and speak insolent things; All the workers of iniquity boast in themselves.
5. They break in pieces Your people, O LORD, And afflict Your heritage.
6. They slay the widow and the stranger, And murder the fatherless.
7. Yet they say, «The LORD does not see, Nor does the God of Jacob understand.»
8. Understand, you senseless among the people; And you fools, when will you be wise?
9. He who planted the ear, shall He not hear? He who formed the eye, shall He not see?
10. He who instructs the nations, shall He not correct, He who teaches man knowledge?
11. The LORD knows the thoughts of man, That they are futile.
12. Blessed is the man whom You instruct, O LORD, And teach out of Your law,
13. That You may give him rest from the days of adversity, Until the pit is dug for the wicked.
14. For the LORD will not cast off His people, Nor will He forsake His inheritance.
15. But judgment will return to righteousness, And all the upright in heart will follow it.
16. Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
17. Unless the LORD had been my help, My soul would soon have settled in silence.
18. If I say, «My foot slips,» Your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up.
19. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.
20. Shall the throne of iniquity, which devises evil by law, Have fellowship with You?
21. They gather together against the life of the righteous, And condemn innocent blood.
22. But the LORD has been my defense, And my God the rock of my refuge.
23. He has brought on them their own iniquity, And shall cut them off in their own wickedness; The LORD our God shall cut them off.